Why does Honda Civic rank as the sixth most popular car in the U.S.? For several very good reasons: 1) Extreme fuel efficiency 2) Rave-worthy comfort 3) Fierce, modern look 4) Wide variety of trims to suit every driving style and budget 5) Serious safety.
Safety is last but certainly not least when determining Honda Civic's popularity. Its safety factors sparkled when pitted against thirteen other cars in the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's small-car crash test. It was one of just six to earn a Top Safety Pick designation.
To get the full picture, IIHS Top Safety Picks must all be equipped with standard stability control and earn top "Good" ratings in a series of four crash tests: side, front, rear, and roof-strength/rollover. The 2012 Honda Civic surpassed all requirements.
2012 Honda Civic At a Glance- Available Sedan Models: DX, LX, HF, EX, EX-L, SI
- Available Coupe Models: DX, LX, EX, EX-L
- Engine: 1.8L 4-cylinder (DX, LX, HG, EX, EX-L), 2.4-L 4-cylinder (SI)
- Transmission: Manual (DX, LX [sedan only], SI), Automatic (LX [Coupe only], HF, EX, EX-L)
- Fuel Economy: 28 mph city/36 mph highway (DX, LX, EX coupe models), 28 mph city/39 mph highway (EX-L coupe and sedan and EX coupe), 29 mph city/41 mph highway (HF), 22 mph city/31 mph highway (SI)
- Stability control
- Bluetooth (EX, EX-L, SI)
- Traction control
- Navigation system (EX, EX-L, SI
- Side/curtain airbags
- iPod input (LX, HF, EX, EX-L, SI)
For more details on the new 2012 Honda Civic, contact Tameron Honda at 888-818-7545 today. Or, visit us in person. Conveniently located at 1675 Montgomery Hwy Birmingham, AL 35216. We're happy to discuss complete specs, compare models and arrange test drives.